If you have lost access to your Old or Closed Cash App account and are looking to access or reactivate the same, this post shall surely help you immensely. In this post, we will discuss the process in detail on “how to access an Old Cash App account.”
In general, people often forget the password and username of their account and struggle to gain access. However, irrespective of what portal you want to access, if you have an old account and wish to reactivate it, there is always a way to access your account. The process is quite simple, and that will save you time from the hassle of creating a new account. Moreover, sometimes it becomes a little complicated to access an old account if it does involve money.
How can I access an old Cash App Account? Easy Solution
Most people search the internet for answers to the question, “How do you access an old Cash App Account?” However, all users can reaccess their Cash App accounts if they have not deleted them. In addition, Cash App also sometimes suspends users accounts if there is suspicious activity. You can reach Cash App Customer Care through your app in both these cases to retrieve a Cash App account that was deleted or suspended.
However, if you haven’t deleted your old account and the management of the Cash App has not suspended it, follow the below steps mentioned in the forthcoming section to gain access to your account.
Steps to access an old Cash App account
Please find below some simple steps to access your old Cash App account if you have access to your old phone number or email address.
- Launch the Cash App on your device.
- Tap on the ‘Profile’ icon available in the upper right corner of the home screen.
- Scroll a little and click on the ‘Personal’ tab.
- Now enter the same email id or phone number with which you were registered on Cash App earlier.
- Here, You will receive a sign-in code on your old phone number or email id.
- Enter the code received in the specified field. Once you enter the correct code, you can log in to your old Cash App account now.
The above steps shall certainly help the Cash App users to recover their old Cash App account.
How to merge an old Cash App account to a new one? : Process to access an old Cash App account by creating a new account
- The first and most vital step to regain access to an old Cash App account is to create a new Cash App account using the exact details you have used earlier.
- After you have created your new Cash App account, you are required to activate your Cash Card for your new Cash App account by entering all the required credentials.
- Now you will have to link your Bank to your new Cash App account. Here, make sure to connect your new Cash App account to the same Bank as your old Cash App account.
- Once you finish linking your new Cash App account and Bank account, tap on the ‘Profile’ section.
- Now, Tap the “Support” option.
- Click “Something Else.”
- On the Something Else page, select “Can’t Access Old Account” and click on it.
- Here, Tap on “Contact Support” and submit a request that includes all your details related to your old Cash App account using your email.
- Once you submit the request, you will receive an email from the Cash App Support Team to verify some information related to your old Cash App account.
- After successful verification, your new Cash App account will get merged into your old Cash App account.
- Finally, you will be able to access your old Cash App account here.
Tips to troubleshoot your Cash App account
We have attempted to outline all the required troubleshooting steps to unlock your Cash App account before contacting Customer Assistance.
- Make sure to connect your device to a strong and reliable working internet connection.
- Always log in your Cash App account on the official platform of the Cash App. Do not access your Cash App account on any unauthorized or third-party apps.
- Use a good antivirus program to ensure that your personal computer or mobile device is free of bugs and viruses.
- Remove all caches and cookies that are stored within the device’s memory.
- Be sure to check for any updates in the app store for mobile devices to ensure your Cash App remains up-to-date.
Before putting an end to the topic How to access an old Cash App account, we urge our readers to have a look at our short video presentation on Cash App Login.
In this blog, we have described all the necessary steps to access an old Cash App account. Additionally, we have also mentioned the process of merging a New Cash App account into an old one. We want our readers to go through the entire blog till the end for a better understanding. If you are still facing any issue getting access to your old Cash App account, don’t hesitate to contact Customer Assistance for more help.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I access my old Cash App account from a different device?
Sure, you can access your old Cash App account using a different device by verifying the phone number and email address associated with your Cash App account.
Can I access my old Cash App account if I have not linked a phone number to it?
You can access your Old Cash App account, even when you’ve lost your mobile. To access your account, you need to link the same debit card and the bank account you previously used to access it.
Can I add an old Cash App card to a new account?
Yes, you can surely add an old Cash App card to your new account. You can make use of it to withdraw cash and make payments to merchants and stores. But, to do this, you will need to merge the old Cash App account to a new Cash App account.