Cash App is among the many trusted digital payment apps established in 2013 by Square Inc. You can keep your hard-earned cash in the Cash App without leaving any possibility of doubt. Since it is a certified payment app, Cash App always asks its users to verify their identity and accounts. The Cash App prompts its users to provide their SSN, i.e. Social Security Number, as part of the verification process. Many of you may already know that sharing an SSN is essential for the Cash App verification process. If you use the Cash App without SSN, you shall not get the benefits of this P2P payment app to the fullest extent.
In addition to the Debit or Credit Card and Bank details, you will also need to share your SSN to verify your account on Cash App. However, a million-dollar question arises in the user’s mind: Can I use Cash App without SSN? To make it easier for you to understand, we will also discuss in detail why Cash App asks for your Social Security Number in the next section of this post.
Before we go further to discuss this topic in detail on “How to use Cash App without SSN?”, we would like our readers to also go through our other blog about How to verify your identity on Cash App.
What Cash App features can I use without SSN?
The user can avail of some limited Cash App features without sharing the SSN on Cash App. These are mentioned hereunder.
- The user can create an account on Cash App.
- An unverified user can send and receive up to $ 250 in a week and only $1000 in a month.
- Users can add or link a Debit/Credit Card for making transactions.
- The Cash App users can take advantage of the virtual Debit card feature, and they can use the same for the payment at online stores.
The Cash App user, without the SSN, can get the benefits of the above features only. However, we recommend users verify their identity using SSN to enjoy the full features of the Cash App.
Why does Cash App require my SSN?
Now the question is whether it is mandatory to add the SSN on Cash App. It is up to the users. It’s not necessary to be added. If smaller limits on receiving and sending are enough for you, as stated above, you can use Cash App without identification verification. Moreover, if you wish to get the full benefits of the Cash App, you will need to verify your identity on Cash App.
The Cash App is a digital banking service provider that operates transactions under the Sutton Bank guidelines and terms, and a physical bank needs the SSN details to guard the funds against scams. It is also essential to include an SSN on the Cash App for a unique identity.Moreover, there are many more reasons why SSN is essential on Cash App. These are mentioned underneath.
- It ensures account access to the right user.
- Facilitates the Bitcoin purchase and sell.
- Provides the option of trading stocks.
- It helps business users in paying their taxes using Form 1099K.
- Allows users to withdraw cash at any ATMs
- It also offers a boost with a Cash Card for an extra discount
When does the Cash app ask a user to enter his SSN?
The answer is listed below in two point as follows:
- When signing up to the Cash, the app will prompt you to input accurate information such as your phone number, email address, banking details, debit card number, and SSN.
- If the user did not verify his account before and initiated payments that exceeded the limit, the Cash App asks the user to add an SSN to increase the limit.
Can you use Cash App without SSN?
Yes, users of the Cash app can access the Cash app without having to attach the SSN. However, there are certain limitations because the Cash app has two kinds of users: verified users and non-verified users.
In short, you can notice the difference in the following manner:
- Verified User: Verified users are those users who have added their SSN and other relevant information to the Cash App’s server following the process of verification for the Cash app with success.
- Non-Verified User: Non-verified users are those users who have not added their SSN on the Cash App Server or have not done their verification.
What are the benefits of using a Cash App with the SSN?
There are so many advantages that come with being a verified user of the Cash App. The greatest benefit of being registered is that you can receive unlimited cash from your contacts. Additionally, you can transfer up to $7500 per week. But that’s not all. You can also purchase as well as sell Bitcoin and Stocks. In addition, you can activate the cash App direct deposit and get paid through your stimulus or salary checks directly to the cash App wallet.
Can you send money on Cash App without verification?
The non-verified Cash App users can easily send and receive money. Follow the below-mentioned steps to send money on Cash App without SSN:
- Launch the Cash App on your phone and log in to your account.
- Tap on the “$” sign available on the home screen.
- Then, Click on the “Send” button.
- Now enter the amount that you wish to transfer.
- Make sure you enter the amount less than 250 because, as a non verified user, you can’t send more than it.
- Select the person from your contact list.
- At last, tap on the send button to transfer money without SSN.
A short video presentation on how to use Cash App without sSN?
This post gives a complete idea on the topic “how can a user use Cash App without SSN”. Furthermore, we have also mentioned the complete information on Why Cash App asks for your SSN. In short, If you use Cash App without SSN, it is not very beneficial for you. If you like this post, be sure to share it with your contacts. On the other hand, you can contact us for more help if you still have any doubts or queries.
Detailed information: Does Cash App Charge Clearance Fee? : Cash App Clearance Fee Sugar Daddy Scam
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you get a free SSN for Cash App?
Be aware that there is no such thing as the free SSN for Cash App. Since many Cash App scams are going around, you might encounter an individual offering a no-cost SSN to perform Cash App verification. Beware of scammers and act as a wise person by keeping your distance from fraudsters and scammers.
Can you use the Cash app without sharing SSN?
Sure, you can use the Cash App without SSN. However, If you are not a verified user, you will enjoy only the limited features of the Cash App.
How much money can a Cash App user send without SSN?
The Cash App user can send and receive up to $ 250 in a week and only $1000 in a month without sharing SSN on the Cash App server.