Why can’t Cash App verify my identity?
Are you wondering, “Why can’t Cash App verify my identity?” Or Is your Cash App verification failed? You are just one of many; most users are experiencing the same problems in authenticating their Cash App accounts. We have mentioned the basic causes of the Cash App verification failure and its fixes. So, keep reading to the very last word.
Cash App is among the most popular applications for mobile payment in the United States, with more than 40 million users. And due to that, it is required by the US government to collect primary data about their app users. Additionally, they limit the maximum transaction amount for unverified users. The Cash App will require you to prove your identity if you attempt to exceed these limits.
However, Cash App sometimes could require you to verify your identity even if you have not exceeded the limit if they are suspicious of your accounts in any way.
This guide will outline all possible causes of “Cash App can’t verify my identity,” “Cash App identity verification not working,” and “Cash App verification failed” problems and their solutions.
Also, Read: How To Verify Bitcoin On Cash App Without Id?
Why do you need to verify your Cash App account?
Cash App is the most well-known peer-to-peer payment application serving users from the USA and UK. The greatest thing about Cash App is its easy-to-understand user interface. Anyone can conveniently learn about the application, which is excellent news for those who don’t have a technical background and need help understanding applications and software.
Cash App is equipped with many salient features. You can not just transfer money but also buy Bitcoin and make Check deposits, purchase things on the internet, get loans, and much more.
It is possible to pay anyone with the Cash App. You only need to enter the person’s phone number, email address, or $Cashtag. However, you can only transfer money through the Cash App within a specific limit if you are a non-verified Cash App user. In case you need to send money more than your weekly or monthly limit, it is necessary to verify your account.
If you are not a verified Cash App account user, you can only send $250 per week and $1000 monthly. Also, you can only receive up to $1000 per month. If you wish to make a payment exceeding the weekly limit, the Cash App will ask you to verify your account before making any additional payments. So that is the reason you need to verify your Cash App account.
Moreover, Sometimes Cash App may ask you to verify your account even though you have not exceeded its limit when they find your account suspicious for some reason.
Also, Know: Why Is My Debit Card Not Supported On Cash App?
How do you confirm your identity on Cash App?
In the initial part of this guide, we explained why it’s crucial to confirm your identity on the Cash App. We will now address a frequently asked question – “How do You verify your Cash App .’ Let’s review the steps to confirm your identity on Cash App. All you have to do is follow the steps below.
Before you begin the steps, be sure to keep this information handy. These are the last four digits of your Social Security Number( SSN), your state-issued ID or driving license, any other ID with a picture, and your official birth date.
Simple Steps to verify your Cash App account
- Launch the Cash App and log in to your account: First, you need to start by launching Cash App on your device. You can access the Cash App on your mobile device. The steps below are identical for Android as well as iOS devices. Make sure you update the application before proceeding to the next step.
- Open Profile Settings: Click on the Profile Icon to open settings. It’s a bright, green page. You can find the Profile tab on the upper right-hand corner of the Cash App home page.
- Select “Personal” from the drop-down menu: The icon for Profile will take you to a different page, and you’ll be required to scroll to the bottom. There is an option for Personal. Click it.
- Input your Full name: The first step of the verification process is to enter your complete name. Enter your official name as it appears on your ID documents, and click on the Continue option.
- Confirm your SSN: Now enter your SSN, also known as your Social Security Number. After entering the SSN, tap Continue. If your SSN is invalid or you have entered your SSN incorrectly, the page will not take you to the next page.
- Upload your Driver’s License or State ID: Upload your eDriver’s License or State ID scan copy. You can upload either of them. Click on the Continue option when done.
- Enter your Address: Fill in your permanent address. You must fill in the address as per your official documents. So verifying the information you entered is necessary by checking it with the information in those official documents.
So this is how you can apply to verify your Cash App account. Once your account is verified, you will receive a notification on your registered mobile number and email.
Also, Get to Know: How To Disable Cash App Card?
Why Can’t Cash App Verify My Identity? Possible Reasons
There are many reasons why Cash App can’t verify your identity. It may be because your photo is not clear, or you have incorrect personal information like Name, ID number SSN, etc., Or there could be an issue with the server. We have highlighted below the reasons for why Cash App can’t verify your identity.
Applicant Under Age
The initial and most commonly cited reason for refusing Cash App verification is ineligibility based on age. Only those 18 or older can apply for the Cash App verification process.
Photo Not Clear
The most common reason for that Cash App verification issue is that your image appears unclear. If the staff of Cash App finds it hard to determine your identity based on the photograph, your Cash App verification is most likely to be denied.
Illegible Identification number on your Photo ID
Another reason, similar to the one before, is that the numbers listed on your ID or driver’s license aren’t clear at all. The Cash App can refuse your verification when they can’t find the numbers to crosscheck.
Many people have mistakes when they enter their names, mostly spelling mistakes. Cash App will not be able to continue the verification process if they detect different spellings of your name in your application and your official ID.
Inputting the Incorrect SSN
The SSN, also known as the Social Security Number, is one of the essential pieces of information to validate your Cash Account. So, It’s obvious when you enter an incorrect SSN, even if you did it by accident, Cash App will deny verifying your account.
Suspicious activities on your Cash App account
When the Cash App system detects suspicious activities on your account, it can close your account for security reasons, resulting in the refusal of your Cash App identity verification.
Server Issues or technical glitches
It is also rare; however, issues with the server or technical glitches can prevent you from validating your identity. If the Cash App identity verification process is not working, it could be because those servers that run Cash App are experiencing some technical or other issues.
Also, Check out: Can I Use A Fake Name On Cash App?
Troubleshooting steps for Cash App verification not working issue
Now you know the possible causes why Cash App declined your verification request. Let’s discuss the fixes to overcome this issue. We have listed below solutions to combat the Cash App verification not working problem.
- Input Correct Information:Most of the time, the cause of the inability to verify your Cash App account is the incorrect information supplied in the application. Double-check the information you fill in when applying for cash App verification.
- Capture Clear Photo:The majority of people use smartphones or third-party applications to scan documents or IDs rather than using scanners. It’s OK to do that, but you should ensure that you do this in a bright, well-lit area. We advise you not to use the camera’s flash because it could cause an obnoxious glare.
- Try another phone with a higher resolution and a better camera: What happens if you’ve tried every trick, but the Cash App still can’t verify your identity? Another option is to switch phones and get better cameras. If you own an old version iPhone or Android phone with an unprofessional camera, you can take your picture on another or a newer model with higher megapixels. It allows the Cash App to see and verify the details of the photo ID.Clean up your smartphone’s camera and make sure that there’s enough light to take the photo. You can use a new camera phone if it does not work to verify your identity on Cash App.
- Use Cash App’s most recent version: If you’re not using the most recent version of Cash App, It could be why you cannot verify your identity on Cash App. It may be due to bugs in the older version of the application. Therefore, ensure you have updated your App to the most current version. To update the Cash App to the most recent version, go to either the App Store or Play Store and look for the Cash App to update it to the latest version.
- Apply using a new account: If you’ve tried everything but can’t resolve your ‘Cash App cannot verify my account,’ we recommend you create a new account and log in using a new email address. Once you have created a new account, you can apply for the verification process using this.
- Contact Cash App Support: Suppose you have tried applying for Cash App verification multiple times and still need help getting it verified. In that case, we suggest you contact Cash App support. But only do it if you’re sure enough that you have done everything correctly.
Before we end this topic on “Why Can’t Cash App Verify My Identity?”, we invite our readers to look at our other post published shortly on “How To Pay With Cash App In Store Without Card?”
So, that’s it for the post -“Why Can’t Cash App Verify My Identity?” If you wish to use Cash App to its fullest extent, you need to verify your identity on Cash App. Cash App requires its users to know who they are. But Cash App sometimes can’t verify your identity due to several causes. This post mentions the common reasons for Cash App not confirming your identity error and solutions to combat the issue.
Now you know the reasons and the fixes for Cash App not verifying your identity issue, we are sure you can resolve this issue yourself using the above guide.
However, you can contact us anytime for further assistance if you still have any issues.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you send money on Cash App without verification?
Indeed, you can use Cash App to transfer and receive money without verification. However, if you are a non-verified user, there is a limitation. You can send and receive up to $1000 in a month.
Why should I verify my identity on Cash App?
You must verify your identity on Cash App to increase your payment limitation. Once you become a verified Cash App user, your sending limit shall increase from $250 to $7500 per week, and you can receive unlimited money.
How do I use Cash App without SSN?
You can use Cash App without SSN. Create the Cash App account, and then do not apply for verification. You will be asked to provide your SSN and other details for the Cash App verification. You can use Cash App without SSN, provided you don’t exceed the limit on Cash App spending.